- Posted by: AJ Barnes
- Categories: Boiler, Central Heating, Smart Technology
Four years on after the release of the first Nest smart thermostat, the 3rd generation model has been released. AJ Barnes Plumbing & Heating LTD has been fitting Nest smart thermostats to new and existing boiler installations ever since Google released their first generation model over 4 years ago. Since then we have seen the smart thermostat market explode. The majority of our customers in Plymouth and the surrounding areas choose to go for a smart thermostat on their new central heating installation as the smart technology is very affordable and with a short payback time actually, saves you money on your heating bills.
What’s new on the 3rd gen Nest?
- The screen is 40% bigger with even smaller pixels that make everything much sharper.
- The sensor window is significantly smaller, so it takes up even less space at the bottom of the display.
- Seven more temperature sensors – making a total of 10 – to make it even more accurate.
- Slightly thinner
- You now have Farsight. With Farsight, the Nest Thermostat will light up as soon as it sees you and shows you useful things like the temperature you’ve set, the current room temperature, the time or the outside weather. You get to choose what you want to see.
- Redesigned user interface.
- To continue to protect your privacy and secure your data, the new Nest Learning Thermostat has Secure Boot technology that blocks incompatible or malicious software by ensuring that only official Nest software is running.
- The Nest Thermostat now has a ring to fit any home’s style. Choose from copper, stainless steel, black or white.
To learn more about the Nest thermostat visit the official Nest website.
The Nest smart thermostat is one of the most popular thermostats that our Barnes SmartHome installers fit along with the Worcester Wave thermostat. Our Smarthome installers are both Nest certified installers and also Platinum Worcester accredited installers. Our Plymouth-based team are able to supply and install a range of smart thermostats like the Worcester Wave and Nest to both new and existing central heating systems. For more information and a free quotation please contact us.